Tuesday, January 8, 2013

1/8/13

Up at 5am and took a nice undisturbed bath - ahhhhh...!!!  The kids were up and ready to go by 6:15 so that was nice. Not sure why I didn't leave until about 6:40...

The 8:30 mtg was cancelled. Talitha was sick - thinks she might have pna even.  Had a sonogram at 12:30 but was able to move it up to 10am.  She was going to go right after to try to see her PMD at 11am - then home and to bed.  Christina and I kept very busy.  I was really busy with Fellowship things - GI & Emerg ED both had downloaded a lot of items into my file so I had to clean that out, had another updated application and a new one, started working on 2 itineraries, etc...

Darin called me at work when I was about to walk out the door at 3:30 (took a few calls from me to him as I couldn't hear him and he thought I was joking) to let me know he could pick up the kids.  :)  I stopped by Food 4 Less on the way home and got some groceries.  They were home when I got here and Darin was working on emptying the fish tank (no leaks!)  :)  He helped me tear up cooked chicken while I got the easy chicken enchiladas ready to go into the oven.  Jake helped empty pinto beans into the saucepan with the melting cream cheese and rotel tomatoes (good substitute for salsa!).   DELISH!!  Mmmmmm Good! :)

Darin went straight to bed after dinner and was on the computer - he has been doing that a lot lately again.  Leaving it up to me to clean up and take care of the kids...  Alexa has a GATE test tomorrow am so I showed her some sample questions.  She read some Diary of a Wimpy Kid to Darin.  She loves that book and reads many pages at a time!  :)  Darin did do RAZ kids with Jake. :)

After cleaning up some I brushed my teeth with Alexa then got under the covers in the pink room and started reading more of New Moon.  She was using her new video camera to get some video of me reading.  Jake came in and hadn't brushed his teeth yet and I told him to go have his Dad brush his teeth with him, go to the bathroom and then Daddy could tuck him in tonight.    That was around 7pm as they are to go to bed early tonight so A can rest up for her test tomorrow! 

I read my book until 9pm - not done yet but it is very good.  I had looked up some Sally Clarkson youtube videos last night and watched some.  Today I had brought home a Parents magazine and read a good article My Kids Won't Listen.   Very good - some good reminders that I need to start doing again.  1) Say it with a single word  2) Provide Information (Milk spoils when it's left out.)  3) Give choices (You can put on your hat now or put it on after you miss the next ride.)  4) State your expectations (After you've brushed your teeth and are totally dressed and ready to go, you can watch a little TV.)  5) Name their feelings (You seem really frustrated.  - then just listen.)

Well, it is 9:30 now and I might just do some checking on my emails, facebook, etc...  Night!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment