Monday, January 21, 2013

1/21/13 - A saves J

I haven't written the past couple of days so I will try to remember what I can.

Sat 1/19 A had a birthday party to go to for Aqua who turned 8.  She dressed up as Princess Tianna and since Jake got to go to, he dressed up as a crusader (knight, dragon slayer, etc...)  There were quite a few kids there and most of them were dressed up - so cute!  Carmi (mom) was dressed up like snow white and Peter (dad) was dressed up like a knight (or king).   They had a trampoline and the kids were having a blast.  Darin and I left to go on a hike and we went longer than I would have gone but we had a good time and also walked to a Vons to pick up some healthy things to eat/drink before we headed back to their house.  They had really yummy carmel apples in the shape of Mickey Mouse that were really colorfully coated with colored sugar.  Darin and I shared 1/2 an apple.  We helped clean up the back yard and then took off for home at 4pm. 

Sun 1/20.  We went to church and at noon I took A over to Seleste's home to celebrate her 12th b-day.  I came home and played with J and he also played by himself while I read.   When it was time to pick A up J rode his bike and I walked A's scooter over so she could ride it back.  It seems they had a very good time at the party.  We made it home around 4:20 so they live really close. :)

Mon 1/21 - Holiday - Martin Luther King Jr. day.  Darin left around 5:30 to go pick up donuts.  I started reading my book and he came home and started reading his emails on the computer.  By 6:30 ish Tracy had come to carpool with him to go plant trees.  A bunch of them went out to lunch and then they got home around 2ish??  I had been out front with the kids.  J was on his bike and A had her scooter out but she was sitting next to me (she constantly hurts herself).  Anyway, when Darin pulled into the back to park, Jake followed not realizing Darin was backing up to park.  Alexa was running back there for J to stop.  Darin heard her and stopped backing up or he would have hit J who had zoomed behind him on his bike.  I didn't see any of this as I was in the front of the house still.  I did hear A crying (scared out of her mind for Jake).  Later A said that J was under Darin's car and that his bike almost got ran over and that she had pulled on his shirt to get him out.  A cried for quite a while about this whole thing.  Darin and I were both very proud of her and told her that J couldn't ask for a better sister than her. 

Darin took J on a hike.  I watched Matilda with A until the last 15 min when we had to go to Shalini's home as Jane told me she would do a pedicure on A.  It was such a nice visit with Jane and she did do a great job on A's toes - she also gave a mini manicure.  The girls played and watched some tv while Jane and I talked.  :)

We made it home in time for A to brush her teeth, pick out her clothes for tomorrow and watch the last 15 min of Matilda - cute show! 

Darin and I watched "Ugly Truth", not one I would recommend to anyone - crass.

I did play Perplexus and got from 1-100 but it did fall just before resting at the end...  I will try again!!!  :)

 
I'm not sure how long I tried for - maybe 15 min or so but I made it from 1-100 without it falling!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment