Monday, January 7, 2013

1/7/13

Oh... back to school and work for all of us.  Darin said he wasn't able to sleep last night and was already up, had a bath and dressed at 5:30.  He got the kids lunches together.  Good thing we had the kids go to bed early last night.  They woke up pretty good.  I made a smoothie for b-fast and the kids were ready to go by 6:10.  I didn't like watching them leave (as I am still thinking of the kids from Newtown, CT.) 

I left for work around 6:30 and got there a little early.  It was good to see Talitha again but she is a tad sick.  We had a pretty good day today.  I did get a msg back from Deb & later from Isabel re: msg I sent on Fri (per JR's rqst).  The 4 of us will be meeting at 8:30 tomorrow am.  I hope Christina is able to attend as well.  I am reading New Moon so I read that during lunch.

I picked the kids up at Primetime at 4pm.  Jake left his lunchbox & coat at school and was throwing a fit about it so we went and all the doors were locked like I thought they would be and he continued throwing fits!  I asked him, "Jake, what good is it to be angry about something that you can't change?  It will be there tomorrow."  He did calm down after that.

On the way home Darin called telling me about how Joe wants to be invited to the next lunch - not going to happen...  Alexa reminded him to get apples and bananas (tortillas too!) 

At home I made fish sticks for fish tacos.  I had A do most of her book report on a book she was finishing reading at Primetime when I got there.  J had a LOT of items to complete for Dec.  I didn't have him return it this am as there was so much he had to do.  Now there are only a couple things he didn't do so I am ok with returning it like that.

The kids use really bad tones with each other.  I kept having them repeat what they said in nice tones.  However, A has a smart mouth and got some mean looks and spankings from me.  J was there (we were brushing our teeth) and said that he thought I was going to spank him too...   I had a talk with both of them after A had a real cry and apologized.  I let them know that when they use bad tones I will be having them repeat what they say in nice tones as we shouldn't be talking to one another that way - it isn't acceptable.  I also let them know that they will get spankings when they are disrespectful to Darin or myself.

They at least went to bed in good moods.   I need to get on the internet and read up more on the Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson and some of her other books too!

Lord, help me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment