Thursday, January 3, 2013

1/3/13

My first day back to work after a wonderful 1 1/2 wks off!  I left while it was still dark out and Jake and Alexa were still sleeping.  They normally wake up so early!  I left around 6:40 am. 

Work was very busy - I had around 265 emails or more to go through.  Talitha is on vacation but it was GREAT seeing Christina.  She told me of her after Christmas trip to Mexico (from Phoenix) and how nightmarish it was!

I talked with Darin around 11am and he was ready to beat the kids silly for not minding at WalMart and Smart & Final.  He did good though, letting the kids cry (in terror) in their room while he talked with me.  Later he told me that they spent most of the day in their room and he never did give them a spanking.

I met Dee at Costco and picked up multivitamins and Omega3 chewables for the kids.  (Later Darin told me that isn't what he wants for them and he will try to go with his brother to Costco to find what he is looking for.)  I also picked up 2 LARGE containers of sourdough pretzels and some dried fruit/nut trail mix. 

I had a call from Darin at 3:20 and heard Alexa crying her eyes out in the background.  I guess she had just hurt her knee.  She got on the phone asking when I would be home and if I could come home now.  I got off at 3:40 and was home by 4pm.

Both kids were naked.  Jake was in the jacuzzi helping Darin empty and clean it.  Alexa was inside in the tub.   It was a really nice day out but it was starting to get a little chill in the air and Alexa's lips were blue and Jake's were getting there.  The kids took their new vitamins.

We had Darin's leftover adobe chicken in hot dog buns with cheese (and Spinach for Darin and I).  YUMMY!!   At the dinner table Alexa was having so much fun hearing stories about things she did when she was younger, like putting diaper cream all over herself until she looked like an albino...  she and Jake taking all my spices and sitting on the kitchen floor having a spice shower and other such stories. 

Finally, Darin went to bed.  He is so annoying looking over my shoulder to see what I have written.  Now I can write what I really want.  (Those are all his words - but I do agree!)  :)

Darin did RAZ Kidz with Jake and Alexa.  They are really good readers.   I took videos of them each individually reading a Dr. Seuss book - tongue twister!!! 

I don't think much else happened today - oh yeah... it was the first day back to school for the survivors of the Newtown shooting from 12/14/12.  I have cried pretty much every single day for those kids/families...




No comments:

Post a Comment