Wednesday, January 2, 2013

1/2/13

I have been waking up pretty early and woke up around 5:30 this morning.  The kids didn't wake up til 7am though!!  Nice, but very unusual.  Darin and I took down the Christmas tree.  He dug up the grass and dirt in the tiny section by the street.

Laurie and Peanut came over around 10:30 but Laurie wasn't feeling the best.  Jake and Alexa had been riding their bikes out front when they arrived.  Laurie brought presents for the kids and they opened them.  Alexa got a Barbie that you can change her hair color with sprays and designs.  They played with that a while.  We ate lunch then walked down to Gershwin.  Jake and Alexa rode their bikes and Peanut rode a scooter. 

Alexa was really sweet and nice for about 3 days around Christmas time but hasn't been very nice lately.  She gets really upset easily with Jake for no reason - sometimes there is a reason.  He used to be my sweet loving boy but since he started Kindergarten he has gotten angry easily and mad with bad tones - so he isn't innocent here either. 

I don't know if I had mentioned it already or not, but I think of the kids (& teachers) who were killed 19 days ago.  I think of them every day.  They were the first thought on my mind at 5:30 when I woke up.  I can't imagine what the families are going through. 

Laurie and Peanut left around 2:45 and I tried to get Alexa to lay down with me as she was having a really tough day.  We were having a good time relaxing until Jake came in and laid down on the floor beside my bed.  Alexa was so upset he was in there that she left in a huff.   I asked Jake to go and let Alexa have some "mommy" time and that I could spend time alone with him later.  He went out to let Alexa know and she yelled at him before he could even tell her!

At 3:30 we took Jake over to Bonnie's where Laurie and Peanut are staying.  Darin and I took A to see Dr  Hitchcock for ADD assessment.  We didn't really learn anything new but he suggested we put her on multivitamins and Omega 3.   I plan to meet Dee tomorrow at Costco at noon to get some.

We picked Jake up on the way home at 5pm.  We came home and had leftover Panda Express.  Darin helped A with homework.  I cleaned up the kitchen and then got out a agic eraser and a water bottle.  I started cleaning the floor and Jake wanted to help.  When A was done, she helped Jake - they were having fun cleaning the kitchen floor!!  :) 

Jake wanted to read a book so he picked out a Dr. Seuss book that I read.  Jake fell asleep and Darin carried him to the bathroom and then onto bed.   Alexa, Darin and I watched Elephant Princess in bed.   We watched the final 2 episodes of season 1.  :)

Jake has been having a hard time staying dry at night but he has been doing great.  I was a tad shocked when he had an accident around 12/30.  So far he has had a great start to 2013!

It is 9:45 and I have to go back to work tomorrow...  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment