Saturday, January 5, 2013

1/5/13

 The kids were awake by 6:15 and I was relaxing in bed reading New Moon (2nd book in the Twilight series).  I was so busy taking it easy that before I realized it, Laurie was going to be over in 45 minutes!  I hurried and got dressed and made us all smoothies with bananas, orange, apple, greek strawberry yogurt and spinach - YUM! 

Laurie and Peanut made it over early (MIRACLE for Laurie!!) at 8:15 instead of 8:30 and then ended up having to wait for us until 8:40.  We were at Amvets when they opened at 9am and we spent more time there than expected!  We got back to my place at noon and she was supposed to be at Christina's (& Jayden's) at noon.  Laurie spent about $70 and me about $35.  She got a lot of clothes for Peanut, some toys for Peanut and Jayden, and a new car seat.   I got some clothes for Alexa and some toys for Jake including a Bop It, V-tech camera, semi truck that carries about 48 hot wheel cars, a "CARS" hotwheel racer that races 10 cars at a time and a long nerf sword.  Oh yeah, I got myself a pair of rollerblades too.  I don't remember if I have a pair from a long time ago or not but I have been wanting to go and they are a nice pair that fit for only $8.  :)

Like I said, we got home around noon and Laurie and Peanut took their treasures and headed out.  Darin was gone - meeting up with his brother David to go to Costco.  I took the kids to UTC for lunch at Rubios.  I had some old tickets for ice skating.  I went to the window and they wouldn't honor them so we left.  Of course, the kids weren't too happy but I had forewarned them that it might be too expensive and if it was, I would take them to another place sometime soon.  (I have good tickets for 4 to go to the ice skating rink in Mira Mesa. These only cost $20 and ice skating at UTC for the 3 of us would have been $40.)

We came home and played whatever Jake wanted to play for 1 hour.  We played with his hotwheels and new semi and racer then for about 40 minutes then rode our bikes outside until he threw a fit with 5 min left to spare.  We came inside and Alexa wanted to watch the show from yesterday again (Something about Cupid...)  I had cut up oranges and apples to munch on during the movie.  When using the peeler on the orange I cut my left had about 1/2"!  It is kinda deep too.

Darin got home around the later part of the movie.  He went to his room and got on the computer (I think to look for the supplements for Alexa as Costco didn't have them.)  I made Jake a PB sandwich - he never tires of them.  Darin had eaten late with David and wasn't hungry.  I made Alexa, Jake and I a PB banana nutella smoothie (YUM!) and Alexa and I had buttered blueberry bagels.

I went jacuzzin with the kids but J wasn't minding so I asked Darin to take him in the house.  A&I must have been in for about 35 min or so when she decided to get out and get her mermaid outfit.  We stayed in another 20-25 min or so. 

A wanted me to research how to make a video look like she has powers.  I figured out on YouTube how to cut out some of the middle of the video so I think we are good to go on that!  :)  However, it took me a long time to figure it out so she was asleep before I was done at around 8:30pm.  Good thing we had already brushed our teeth.  I carried her to bed and she woke enough to ask for her Dora comforter along with the Diego one that was on her bed.  Jake hadn't brushed his teeth but he was still awake - tired, but awake.  He had me brush his teeth.  He is very particular on his blankets too.   He sleeps on top of his bedding and likes to only sleep in his underwear, covered by his blue blankie.  He has a CAR blanket which he likes me to put on top of the blue blanket and make sure none of the blue blanket is showing.  I did this then went into the bathroom when I heard him change position and call me to cover some of the blue blanket that was showing!  SERIOUSLY!!!   I let him know that I had covered it and he needs to be able to take care of that himself, especially if he is going to be moving and uncovering parts of the blue blanket himself.

I let Darin know that the past couple nights the jacuzzi has woken me up around 4:30 am (a new time since he and the kids cleaned it.)  He said he will fix that tomorrow.  Tonight I am sleeping in the pink room.

I plan to read some more of "New Moon" so goodnight!!  :)  (Had to try inserting a pic from the web cam!!!  This is easy and I will try to do it with the kids soon.)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment