Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10

Can you believe it is 10/10/10?!?!  Another 100 yrs before that will happen.  I hope nothing weird happened today that I just haven't heard about yet.  Again this am J was whiny and not behaving well.  A was eating well and J wanted fruity pebbles too but I guess he thought I put too much milk in his bowl and he was not happy and wouldn't eat...  He also wasn't minding D this am so he had to stay home from church.  Linda's back was hurting from picking up J yesterday so she didn't go to church with us.

Dad & I dropped A off at her classroom and enjoyed church service by pastor Chuck on the 1st chapter of Romans (~ vs 8-17).  Chuck has a good memory - he remembered Dad lives in MO!  After church I gave A the option of going hm w/GP or staying & going into another SS class for 2nd service.  She wanted to stay.  Dad went home and I chatted with the Dangels.  I attended the class with about 35 others!  (Theresa is in the class too.)  I really enjoyed the class and look forward to the others.  I am bummed I will miss the 3rd class which will be a "meat and potatoes" class compared to today's introductory class.

I got home and Dad had made fresh vegetables, sauted with shrimp and chow mein noodles.  It was really good.  It didn't need soy sauce on it but I love the salty flavor... :) 

About 1:15 I was super tired and went to lay down.  I know that Dee came over around 2.  I didn't get up till about 3:30 - ahhhh.. I had a piece of Dad's homemade bread - :).   The kids seemed to be pretty whiny so I wanted J at least to take a nap before AWANA started.  He didn't want to go to bed.  I guess A's head hurt so she went in and laid down.  They both ended up falling asleep.  Dee had to leave around 4 to go p/u Gianna. 

I went in to wake up the kids at 4:45 for AWANA but A's head still hurt and she stayed in bed.  No AWANA tonight.  Kim came over close to 5pm.  A got up at 5pm and went to Aunt Kimmie to be soothed.  Aunt Kimmie was able to get her to take some medicine and also put a bag of peas on her head.  I went in at 5:15 and woke J up.  It took him a while to wake up but he finally did and wanted to ride his bike.  I went with him till dinner was ready. 

We had easy garlic chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, asparagus & black olives. Delish!  The kids basically only ate so they could have black olives...  I put them both in the bath but they weren't there long as they, again, were not getting along.  I had them brush their teeth, put PJ's on, and I read them a couple books.  Aunt Kim said her goodbyes to the kids as she was leaving.  I asked D to make sure the kids had gone to the restroom and to read a book J picked out.  He did and put them to bed. 

I started reading Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath.  I kissed the kids goodnight then took my assessment on line.  My talents are: Adaptability, Empathy, Harmony, Consistency & Positivity.

It is 10:45 and A just woke up wimpering.  I hope her head isn't still hurting her.  She went to the bathroom and went back to bed and is quiet.  Maybe she was just wishing she didn't have to get out of bed to go to the bathroom...???

I printed out a report from my test so I might read that a bit before going to bed.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment