Saturday, October 2, 2010

10-02-10

YEAH - It is Saturday!  I made blueberry, banana & pecan pancakes - YUM!  We took A (&J) to PCP ofc to read her TB which didn't take long - we were done by 8:50 am.  We went over to have D's car checked out for his air conditioner and found out that they will order the part and when it comes in then they can fix it. 

When we got home A, J, Dad & I walked over to a garage sale and bought popcorn, rasberry lemonade and a St. Patrick's Day wreath (for Mom).  The kids then went in the jacuzzi while D played lifeguard.  I sat with Dad at the kitchen table and played a couple games of Word Challenge on FB.  I got off as soon as the kids came in. 

Dee, Jared & Kedric came over.  D went to take a nap.  I let J&A take turns on the computer (Starfall.com) until it was time for lunch.  D&L made tacos which were sooooooo good!  Kim called right when we were eating and said she was on her way over too!  There was just enough left for Kim & Darin. :) 

I laid down for about an hour while D&L, K, D, J&K tried to play cards.  J&K kept arguing, not listening, etc... so they didn't play cards afterall.  I got up and Jared showed A how to tie a shoe.  J got to fingerpaint while A watched Barbie Nutcracker. I read a couple stories to A.  D, J&K went home. A drew on her big princess activity book. I gave J a cookie sheet full of shaving cream with a couple drops of blue food coloring and he mixed it all up.  A joined him and they were trying to draw shapes, letters, numbers. :)  I put them in the bath then. :)  I got out face paints and drew a heart on J and a butterfly on A.

D&L went to 99c store & CVS to get aloe vera (for burn relief) and more shaving cream (for me!!!)  We had hotdogs for dinner.  J (then A too) was pretending to fall backwards on the couch every time Aunt K blowed at them.  They were having fun. :)  D played with the kids for a while.  We were working with A on sight words, having her draw them on her stencil Dora thingy. 

Kim left and boy was J trying to get her to stay - even had her try out his bed to sleep with him tonight!  He was telling her how he lives somewhere else, far away, and has 5 motorcycles and a car.  He does have an imagination!  :)  D read to the kids while I made A's bed (I had washed her bedding today.)  Kids brushed their teeth (they were both pretty whiny - so I said they would have to go to bed earlier tomorrow night).   They went to bed pretty easily.

D dished me out some ice cream (Rocky Road) - yum! 

It is only 8:45 right now!  I was up till 1am so I wonder if I will get to bed at a decent hour tonight.  I am hoping to watch at least 1 episode of Chuck off Hulu though.  D&L are watching videos they took from the air show yesterday.  Linda's sunburn still looks really bad.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment